About the Department
The BEEd Department prepares individuals intending to teach in the elementary level. With this, the department aims to develop highly motivated and competent teachers specializing in the content and pedagogy for elementary education.
The department offers the Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd) program to meet the needs of professional teachers who can teach across the different learning areas in the elementary level. The program of studies meet the requirement, policies and standards of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as prescribed in CMO no.74 s. 2017 (Policies, Standard and Guidelines for Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd).The PSG is anchored on the salient features of the K to 12 Enhanced Curriculum (RA 10533), the Philippine Modifications Framework (EO 83 s.2012) the National Competency-Based Teacher Standards (NCBTS) now the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (D.O. 42 s. 2017) and other relevant documents.
The BEEd degree program draws from various allied disciplines like social sciences, science, math, technology, languages, and humanities to ensure that the graduates have a multi- disciplinary preparation in content and pedagogy.
Objectives of the Department
The department seeks to develop individuals with knowledge, attitudes, values and competencies that enable them to be creative, innovative, globally competitive and socially-responsible to meet the needs of professional teachers for elementary schools.
Specifically, the department has the following objectives:
- Equip pre-service teachers with mastery of content, pedagogical research and 21st century skills.
- Develop desired qualities of an effective teacher in the elementary level.
- Provide opportunities for research, extension and community outreach program.
- Engage pre-service teachers in developing innovative materials for effective teaching and learning.
- Inculcate a deep sense of modality, nationalism and professionalism and an appreciation of aesthetic and cultural values.
Awards/ Recognition of the Department
The department is proud of its achievement as a producer of board examination topnotchers and a consistent top performing school (elementary level) nationwide based on results of the Board Licensure Examinations for Professional Teachers (BLEPT) conducted by the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC).
Name Year Rank
Sheila Marie C. Cachero 2008 5th
Peter John S. Magana 2009 4th
Ivy D. Rosete 2014 9th
Clarissa P. Pascual 2016 7th
Sheina Mae T. Acierda 2016 8th
Ralph Christian V. Currimao 2016 8th
Heidibel C. Balais 2016 10th
Darie Mae A. Mateo 2016 10th
Exam Date Rank
October 2005 5th
October 2009 3rd
August 2012 9th
September 2015 9th
September 2016 6th
September 2017 8th
The degree program is also awarded Level III Re- accredited status (Assessment on-going to Qualify for Level IV) from December 2013- November 2017) given by the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP), Inc.
Other Pertinent Information
The following requirements/ qualifications are considered in hiring faculty members of the department.
- As a general rule, master’s degree in education or in an allied discipline is required for teaching in the tertiary level.
- Faculty teaching in general education and major subjects should have an appropriate master’s degree in the field they are assigned to teach.
Qualifications of the Professional Education Faculty
Faculty teaching Professional Education courses should have the following qualifications:
- Holder of valid certificate of registration and Board Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (BLEPT) as provided for in Section 11 of RA 8981.
- Holder of Master’s degree in Education or in allied fields.