About the Department
The department is called the Secondary Education Department offering the Bachelor of Secondary Education program and manned by 26 highly-qualified, able and dedicated faculty members specializing in various fields of specialization like English, Filipino, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Studies and Values Education.
The Secondary Education Department offers the Bachelor of Secondary Education program with the following fields of specialization: English, Filipino, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Values Education.
The department aims to (1) provide quality professional preparation for teachers in the secondary level, (2) offer adequate instruction in the secondary education, (3) undertake research and extension on relevant areas to improve the quality of secondary education in particular and the quality of life in general, (4) develop innovative materials for instruction and training, and (5) conduct continuing education and training of teachers and allied clients through the various programs of the Center for Teaching Excellence and Graduate Education Program.
Awards/Recognition of the Department/Program
The BSEd program was awarded the following:
- Certificate of Recognition from the Board of Professional Teachers (PRC) – Rank 9 Secondary School in the Philippines in the 2018 Licensure Examination for Teachers
- Certificate of Recognition from DOST-SEI – Partner Institution in the implementation of the DOST-SEI Science Teacher Academy for the Regions (project STAR)
- 2013 Presidential Award for garnering a high percentage passing rate in the Licensure Examination for Teachers in September 2013
- Certificate of Recognition from the Board for Professional Teachers (PRC) – Third Place in the October 2009 Licensure Examination for Teachers
- Certificate of Commendation from MMSU - 11th Top Performing Secondary School in the August 2005 Licensure Examination for Teachers
- Level III – Reaccredited Status of the AACCUP
- Program is under the CTE recognized as Center of Excellence in Teacher Education.